Thursday, June 21, 2012

Urban Decay: 15-Year Anniversary Palette!

This is probably going to be my favourite product to review simply because I use it ALL the time and it's my favourite palette! I cannot find a single flaw with this palette and I am so incredibly glad I bought it. For starters, there are 15 colors and the palette comes in this deep purple velvet box. The lid is a mirror with the "UD" logo in big bold purple. I'm telling you, the looks alone make this palette enticing to me.





 


Midnight Rodeo: I personally love this color. I mean as we all know, UD is known for the very high pigmented shadows, but this palette really steps that up. Midnight Rodeo is a pretty woodsy brown color with silver glitter in it. It wears well all day and works great for an all-over lid.


Midnight 15: Again, love this color. I don't typically wear a lot of browns by themselves anymore because I love the big bold stuff, but for a professional look like a job interview or some other "dress to impress" setting, this color is a perfect sheer, complimenting color just about anywhere you wear it. I wouldn't recommend lower lash line though because it's so light and shiny.


Vanilla: Can I just say besides "Foxy" in the Naked2 palette I basically use this color every day?! This color is the PERFECT brow bone highlighter. It has that glimmer effect to it, but it's light and blends out the brighter colors like Deep End and Junk Show extremely well.


Flow: Flow reminds me a lot of Scratch to be honest, and it isn't my favourite color, but the same concept goes for Flow as for Midnight 15. It's just a very classy color that gives your eyes the extra umph. It's subtle, but brilliant.


Chase: Chase is almost a golden bronzed brown to me. Again, as with the other browns, it wears very well and looks amazing on both blue and brown eyes. Haven't tried green, but I bet this color is versatile enough to look good on all eye colors.


Tainted: Tainted to me is a perfect color. It looks good on anyone, whether you like the drastic looks or the subtle, barely there looks. Tainted is a carnation pink with gold shimmer to it. On the eyes, it's almost iridescent, but it's a very complimenting color to brown and hazel eyes when paired with, for example, UD's Eldorado gold eyeliner. (: I wear this one frequently with Eldorado and Junkshow.


Junkshow: This is the best pink eyeshadow I've ever come across. It's not like some MAC shadows I've used where it doesn't blend, or it looks better on your finger after you've tried to swatch it too many times but to no avail. This color is flawless.


Omen: K, because I'm a purple freak, I'm about to go off on this color. I am a self-proclaimed purple eyeshadow hoarder, thus meaning the majority reason I bought this palette was for Omen. This color is beyond words to me. UD really outdid themselves with this color, in my humble opinion. It's a very neon purple that's shiny and just makes your eyes really POP! I wear this color ALL the time. It's drastic, vivid and makes a scene. <3


Evidence: Maybe it's just me, but finding a really good/durable dark blue eyeshadow is not an easy task. I tried MAC and looked at others, but no blue has ever compared to Evidence. The blue pigment is strong and noticeable all day and it doesn't wear like a matte black like most other ones I've tried. It's smooth, definitely blue, and very dramatic.


Deep End: As much as I love my purples, I also love my teals and bright blues (Peace is my favourite blue). Deep End really follows the pattern for these center column colors and their dramatic wear. In fact, this color is almost SO bright and vibrant that I don't often wear it by itself. Less is more in this case because it's so bright and fun to look at.


Deeper: Deeper reminds me of a graham cracker. Totally weird, but it has always reminded me of a cinnamon graham cracker, or burnt toast. For a deep and mysterious brown look, this color is perfect.


M.I.A.: M.I.A. is a very dark brown. If I use this color, I usually use it on the lower lash line, SPARINGLY, because a little goes a long ways.


Ace: In my head, Ace compares to Mushroom and Gunmetal in the fact that it's that silvery color we all love to have. Like if Gunmetal and Mushroom had a love child, it would be Ace. By itself, Ace is kind of a boring color (at least for me!), but paired with Junkshow or Deep End, this color is a great complimentary tone to have in your look.


Blackout: Blackout is just your typical matte black, only it's not typical. This color is atypical because where most blacks do not blend or move once brush meets face, this black blends and shapes so well. Words of caution though, the fallout can be dastardly, as it doesn't like to come off once it's on! Consider yourself warned. (:


Half Truth: So this purple...is wonderful. I have yet to use a color as unique as this one. It's like a combination of Ace and Omen because it has that purple, but it's also very silver. This color is great for a club look in my opinion. It's a little on the dark side, but you could really rock this color if you were going for like a grungy club life look for a night with the girls. Just pair it with some black liner and some glitter liner over the black to add some flare. (:




I hope this review is somewhat helpful to some of you! As I said, this palette is my favourite because of all the variety in it. You can pair all these colors with each other and use them for many, many different looks. I use Omen to fill in my eyebrows sometimes because of my purple hair. (: Sorry the photo quality on my swatches is so weird, but hopefully you can get an idea for what the colors look like WITHOUT a primer. :D


Stay tuned later today or tomorrow for my shortened review of the Tarte True Blood palette!


No comments:

Post a Comment