Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Urban Decay: The Feminine Palette!

I know it's a couple days late and I apologize for that, but as promised here is the review for UD's The Feminine Palette!

I think this is a cute little palette, honestly. I bought it at the first Ulta I ever went to while I was in Florida last spring break because it has all of my favourite colors in it (and it came with a purple eyeliner, but I have it stowed away with the rest of my eyeliner), and they were colors I didn't have already!

 



So, as you can see it's a cute little thing! It's small and compact so you can stick it in your purse and take it on the go with you for a touch-up and it has a diverse color range. You can just about combine all of these colors with each other to come up with a great look that'll match just about anything. 



Stray Dog: I personally think Stray Dog is a great brown. It wears well and it's a smooth shadow. Plus it matches my eyes really well.
SWF: I use SWF as a brow bone highlighter a lot because it's so sheer. It has a nice pink tint to it and some glitter in it and it just goes great with all these colors. It also works great as a highlighter in the inner corner if you're trying to open up your eyes a little bit.
Midnight Cowboy: I'll be completely honest, I don't really use this color. It's not because it isn't a great color, but it's just too nude for me. It has kind of an orange-ish glow to it and has silver glitter so it's pretty, it's just not my favourite UD color!
Aquarius: As you've seen this week I ADORE this color. It's a very icy blue and it doesn't fade throughout the day (something I noticed blues tend to do). It also works as a great inner corner highlighter, but it's great all over the lid too. I just love this color!
Darkhorse: Darkhorse is a great brown to me. It's dark and the pigment is CRAZY! I use this a lot for the lower lash line when I do looks with brown to keep the look kind of sultry and mysterious. A little does go a long way though; you can blend it out to make it lighter.
Ecstasy: I'm a self-proclaimed purple eyeshadow junkie. I have a ton of purple! This purple is a unique one to me because at first glance it looks just like Flash and I'm like "why do I need another one that looks just like flash?" Except don't be fooled! It has its similarities, but it doesn't have that flourescent undertone to it like Flash does. Ecstasy is just a very sheer purple that wears light around the eyes and is a tiny bit darker than Flash. I find it goes really well with SWF and Stray Dog.


Anyways, that's The Feminine Palette! It's really the only small, compact palette I have because it has everything in it that I wear, really. And you can use the little slot for the eyeliner for a small brush or something. (:

Stay tuned for my next review of the Urban Decay 15-Year Anniversary Palette!

No comments:

Post a Comment